The UAE in 2022 remains one of the world's most attractive destinations when it comes to tourism or business, millions of people travel in and out looking for work or even just a relaxing getaway and the UAE government has done a tremendous job in catering to the demands of this populace, yet work remains.
As per the 2021 trafficking in-person report by the US department of state (linked here), the UAE remains a tier 2 nation in combatting human trafficking including fraudulent employment meaning it does not yet meet all the conditions set by the TVPA act of 2000. the UAE government has come further leaps and bounds within the last decade but the Covid-19 pandemic has slowed down, if not completely, halted progress on that front. Additionally, occurrences of Visa fraud are commonplace even today.
Do not worry if you are planning to work in the UAE and do not want to lose a lot of money or get into more than one kind of trouble. Below are the listed important steps one must take to ensure his or her safety when looking to work within the UAE as a foreigner.
- When you are being offered a work opportunity by someone claiming to be from UAE, ensure that the job offer has the words ‘ST’ followed by digits, that is the hallmark of a government-issued job offer and only a job offer issued by the Ministry of human resource and Emiratisation is considered to be valid.
- The job offers, as well as the employer, can be verified using the job offer number here or at the UAE embassy within your country.
- Remember that it is strictly forbidden to work in the UAE on a tourist visa, doing which may result in penalties and even deportation. Upon signing the offer letter, you shall receive a work/employment visa from your employer.
- Before signing your offer letter, ensure that your company of choice exists. You can do so here.
- Your employer is the one responsible for all recruitment expenses, hence do not agree to any employment fees, if your employer sets it as a condition, it is most likely to be a scam.
- There is no such thing as an independent UAE work visa, only your employer can issue a work visa for you and you may only work for the employer unless special permission is received from the MOHRE.
Check the fees for entry permits and visas on the official website(this) to avoid getting duped.
Dubai and the United Arab Emirates is a booming destination of work for many expatriates and citizens. In a 2019 survey conducted by Mister Auto, wherein over 100 cities had participated, Dubai was adjudged as the second-best city in the world. Several factors were taken into consideration- Road Congestion, Air quality, Road Safety, Petrol Costs and Annual Road Tax among others. Dubai scored a whopping...
- By, sachitananda
COVID-19 rules for people entering the UAE through land have been updated and will go into effect on March 29. The National Emergency Crisis and Disasters Management Authority (NCEMA) and the Federal Authority for Identity, Citizenship, Customs, and Port Security have announced the update. According to WAM’s report of the update, all those coming to the UAE, including the vaccinated and unvaccinated,...
A new remote work visa has been adopted by the UAE cabinet. This new visa shall enable employees from all over the world to work and live in UAE, as well as this will be an approved multiple-entry tourist visa. Several initiatives are approved by the cabinet during a meeting chaired by the Vice President and Prime Minister of UAE and Ruler of Dubai His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum....
The National Emergency Crisis and Disasters Management Authority (NCEMA) has announced a string of Covid safety rules have been relaxed. The capacity at shopping malls, cinemas, and eateries in the UAE has been increased to 80 percent whilst hotels can serve customers in full capacity.Wedding halls can operate in 60% capacity; as long as the number of guests does not exceed 300 guests and the public...
The UAE’s 50th National Day celebrations now includes free Dubai Expo 2020 tickets for anyone entering the country. The Dubai Council for Border Crossing Points Security and the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigner Affairs at Dubai have collaborated on this freebie distribution. As per the statement released by authorities, inbound travellers to Dubai will receive free tickets to the...
Tourist visa's are now available online in Kuwait. Kuwaiti authorities have announced that tourists from 53 countries can now apply for visas online. These visas are available to citizens of the United States, the United Kingdom, Germany, Spain, Australia, Norway, Turkey, China, Canada, South Korea, France, Malaysia, and the Netherlands. Applicants for tourism visas from these countries can also pay...